Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Last few mins of lunch break

Ha!Last few mins of lunch break!nope, not at having lunch but surfing the net and reading blogs belonging to my dear friend. Finally managed to gain access to e's blog! haha...had to say this, reading abt the new house, new renovation, wedding etc...really did set me thinking abt getting married myself! haha...let's not jump the gun here since we have been together for barely 7 mths. Ok, we only knew each other for 9 mths...haha...fast workers yah? But still...guess I do love you quite a bit :) well, enuff to put my career drive on a hold, but not my maternal instincts into overdrive!GOD FORBID.

Last week was a weird one. Heard from a friend that B was having some problems with her bf. Basically he refused to marry her. Logically, not a good idea for them to get hitched so quickly as he was barely out of school. B got upset, naturally...and of coz, being the self-centered person I am (not apologetic abt it mind u), I thought about my own situation. Well, what is going to happen to US?? He may be going away for 2 yrs, courtesy of his slavedriver Co. Of coz, things will be fine, maybe can even get engaged first! Well...not MY idea (some bright frens' suggestions), since I'm such a cynic. Getting engaged would just mean serious commitment which at this stage, a bit too much for me to handle. And he's going away and you want me to be engaged!! Horrors! What happens if we drift apart??? :P

Then of coz, more wedding invitations...happy that pple are getting married and being all elated and excited...Then back to self-centerd me...HOW ABT ME??? Do I even get a chance at it? Well....

Bounced off B's story and frens' pending weddings at BF over a nice Italian dinner at Ronaldo's. Trying to inch the topic 'Is this thing going anywhere? And you do know that I wish to get hitched to someone(preferably you at the moment) before I hit the grand old age of 30.' into our regular dinner conversation. Nothing committal of coz, the usual, 'marry me so that you can come over to stay with me in Karachi!' YAH right....nice go at it boy..but no can do. It took his ex 2 years to convince him that they should married. FYI, they were together for 6 yrs before dear me came along. HEY, I do not have 6 yrs to spend on you ok!!! But I do stand by the fact that I would like to get married by 30(2 more years to go...sheesh)..sigh...

So that mood persisted for a grand total of 4 days...mopey..slightly unhappy. Then I was thinking if I was actually putting some pressure on him (dear God, no! the last thing I want to be is desperate!). He was like ' Huh? Pressure? What? I didn't feel anything like that.' HUH?????????? It took me so damn long to push the topic in innocently and he said that! Sigh...better brush up on my terror tactics...or maybe he's just dense. Happens you know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home