Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lunch with an old friend

Meeting up with this particular old friend always brings back mixed feelings - guilt, gladness, shame and happiness. We were from the same firm but she left to search for greener pastures much earlier than anyone of us. She's probably the only one with the guts to get out of her comfort zone. Guilt and shame coz we have not met up as often as we should, and I was not there for her when she needed someone. I know she has lots of friends but it's just different. Somehow along the way, we lost the closeness we used to have. Fault on both ends, as I could not bear with her constant whining but did not mention this to her. And she did not realise the amount of negative energy she was radiating.

I was shocked to hear about her recent surgery to remove a huge lump. Was upset to hear about the death of her dog. Was bemused when she mentioned she was more upset over the death of her dog than her dad. Then again, she was never on good terms with her dad.

She has become a saver. For someone who had less than $10 in her bank account during our JC days, the amount in her bank account now is totally amazing. Sure it's weird when you hear her talk about it.

Somehow the topic of buying a house always pops up these days. This time, it was for investment purpose, instead of a marital home. Sounds like a good idea actually. Came back to the office and started to assess my financial position. The only time I can actually afford the deposit would probably be after my bonus is declared! Ok, time to relook for savings and money management.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home